I’ve had some requests that I blog a dmFlash technique that I use in both version 3 and verion 4 of Farcry. This sounds much more glamourous than it actually is. I really just use a container with a handpicked rule but here are the details you will need to use this for yourself:
- Download displayTeaser.cfm, unzip the file and put it in your webskins/dmFlash directory inside your project directory. (Create the dmFlash directory if it does not exist)
- Download writeFlash.js and put it in your www/js directory inside your project directory.
- Create a container (I will assume that is common knowledge)
- Assign a handpicked rule to the container
- Select your flash content item
- Select the teaser file you downloaded as the template to use (it will show up as “Flash Object (JS WRITE)” in the list)
- Sit back and enjoy being able to place dmFlash content in any container
As I said, I don’t consider this a particularly glamourous solution but it sure has been useful in my experience and seems to help others as well. Happy Farcry’ing.